Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Tutorial: Winged Eyeliner

Here's how I do winged liner.  If you'd rather see a video Click Here!
I am also going to show you how I typically do my eyeshadow while wearing winged liner.

Products:
Face: Smashbox Primer - original 
Urban Decay Primer Potion
MUFE HD foundation - 118
Illamasqua Skin base - white
Ben Nye Powder - Cameo
Nars creamy concealer - Chantilly
Sephora concealer - fair
ELF Mist & Set
MAC sculpt - Shadowy
MAC sculpt - Emphasize
MAC - Desert Rose
Ben Nye - Antique Rose


Eyes:
MAC - Blanc Type
Urban Decay - Naked
MAC - Mylar
MAC - Copperplate
MAC - Concrete
MAC - Carbon
MAC fluid line - Blacktrack
UD 24/7 liner - Perversion
MAC Chromaline - NC20/NW15
L'Oreal Voluminous mascara- Carbon Black
Maybelline Great Lash - clear
MUFE aqua brow - 25 

Lips:
Sephora - Nano liner Real Red
MAC - Ruby Woo

Brushes:
MAC - 242
Sigma - E60, E45, E25, E30, Sephora Angled Liner and random paint brush


I am starting out with my lids primed with Urban Decay Primer Potion.


I then used a Sigma E60 to sweep Mac Blanc Type from the lashline to brow bone.

Next, I used Urban Decay Naked from the crease to half way to the brow on a E45 by Sigma.

Still using the E45, I placed Mac Copperplate in the crease.

Then I blended with a Sigma E25.

 
 Next, I added Mac Concrete to the outer part of my crease.

.
Blend.

Using an E30 pencil brush I run Urban Decay Naked under my lower lash line.

Then Mac Concrete about a quarter of the way in.

Blend those shadows. I also used the Sigma E45 to add Mac Floof in the inner corner and Mac Mylar along my brow bone.

Using a thin paint brush I draw a line that follows the line of my lower lash line. I am using Mac Blacktrack gel liner.

The line doesn't go over the crease or it will look odd.

I then draw a line back towards my lashes to create the wing.

I then fill in the wing.


Then I extended the wing a bit.


Using a Sigma E65 I press the liner against the lashes.

I then smooth over the line and make it the desired thickness.

I am now using a Sephora angled liner to press Mac Carbon over the liner.



Tightline and line your waterline with a nude liner, then add black mascara.

This step is optional: take an angled liner brush and run a nude to white line right under the wing.

Blend of the white line a bit.

And you're done!